Thursday, 19 March 2015

Run

Is this our world? So unnoticed, so real, no one has a clue
Neither do I, neither do you
Why did we fall to such a blur? I know I’ll be safe where I come from
Should go back to the slumber, the one you woke me from
You do not know me, I haven’t heard from you
We’re chasing behind fire, and I don’t know what we’re up to.

Please head back to where you were going
Don’t come any closer, you won’t find me
We’re spiraling out of our homes, our roads
Into the biting cold, into lust, into quandary
I won’t tell myself or my folks, you pretend you don’t know a word
And once the coast is clear, we’ll say it aloud and let it go unheard.

There are no lights, there’s been no light
Stare at me while the lights are off
Oh lord, I think I feel something
And I think I should run.
I think I should run.

Where do you see us going? Do you know what it is that we’re in?
I don’t where you are when you come for me, I don’t know where you’ve been
I let shackles grow into castles; it’s not where I come from
Should go back to the slumber, the one you woke me from
You do not know me, and I don’t wish to know you
We’re halfway down a trench, I don’t know what we’re up to.
Don’t stray further, you should leave
Don’t come any closer, you might be hurt
I never stayed for breezes, you’re tumultuous
You linger yet you stroll away but you drag, you fuss
I know nothing will ever reach you, not one painstaking word
So every time you’re not around, I sing it and let it go unheard.

But you turn off every light
And you keep staring while lights are off
I succumb and I feel something
And I run, and I run, I run.

I’ve got to run away from you.


No comments:

Post a Comment