Friday, 23 May 2014

Captivated

You scare me
I’ve never been so captivated
Not one cord of mine has ever been.
Oh, for never had a cord of mine seen
A gust like you.

I swam shallow waters,
I’d dive, I’d never drown,
Oh, I’d never fall.
You carried oceans with you
And I fell in such depths
Depths I never knew I could fall to at all
And all I carried was one little heart
Captivated, as I was,
It got lost
Oh, at a lovely, lovely cost.

And you scare me so much
I’ve pushed and you pulled.
I’ve stormed, you’ve hushed.
I’ve laughed, you’ve smiled.
I tried to escape
Away from you,
Because you scared me
Because I’ve never been so captivated
But you became my escape.

And all I wore was this one little heart
Captivated, I am,
It got lost
At a lovely, lovely cost.

Oh, but tell me darling
Because I’ve fallen
Blinding myself to the stake
Was it ever mine to give?
Was it even yours to take?

23 comments:

  1. Beautiful piece :) Keep writing !

    PS: I liked the "About me" section :D haha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beauty. But please save Lucy the cat.Pretty Please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And Lucy might get lucky and land upon a pile of hay. :) Don't worry.

      Delete
  3. Brilliant Sammy. Keep writing ;)

    And I'm looking forward to new posts :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And I'm looking forward to yours. :D

      Delete
  4. Wow Samriddhi....loved it....:D

    ReplyDelete
  5. your part always makes me delighted on reading it, as i have told u before!!
    and now this is one more enchanting piece...loved it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Jahnvi. Means a lot. :)

      Delete
  6. সুন্দর লেখা

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. Thank you!!
      Oh, and I can't read Bengali, sadly. But Google helped. :D

      Delete
  7. beautiful composition.........................................

    ReplyDelete
  8. Captivated sis ........ keep writing :)

    ReplyDelete